Thursday, November 10, 2011

The Gift of Gab

Ok, I know I talk...a  lot... I have talked a lot since, according to my mom, before 1. I don't think it has ever bothered me that I'm chatty except maybe once on a date in college when my date was extremely quiet. I kept trying to start conversation only to be met with silence. After what seemed like an eternity of this game he looks at me and says 'oh, i was just seeing how long you'd go before you started talking again' OUCH! Needless to say, that was the end of that.  I *think* Mike finds my talkativeness charming and one of my finer points- he better not comment to the contrary especially since this gift seems to have been passed down to one little dude.


E has sucked up vocabulary like it's his job. Lately there isn't a word that he's heard he doesn't repeat back and with pretty accurate pronunciation. On the way to the beach this summer we made a list of  all the words he could say. At that time, it was well over 100. Fast forward a few months and there isn't a way we could capture it all- unless someone wants a full time job. I'm just totally amazed by this. Seeing him physically develop and turn into a little man is one thing, but seeing his brain at work is just mesmerizing. And what I love most is that he's learned to say please, thank you, you're welcome and just the other day 'excuse me mama'. Having a polite child tops the list for me. I melt!

We went to TN last weekend where we saw the horses that live behind my parents' house. E picked up what Marmee taught him about one of the breeds. And a few days later we talked about it where we talk about everything- in the tub


In addition to an ever budding English vocabulary E has added quite a few French words to his repertoire! His recent favorite is 'mais si' 'mais non' which means 'why, yes' and 'why no'. If you say 'mais si' he will say 'mais non' back to you. I'm excited since he might be the one to finally teach his mama French! Bonne Nuit (that's good night)






1 comment:

  1. When he starts decoding OUR vocab, we'll CAR be in trouble.

    ReplyDelete